An Employer of Choice, TIFF continues to be recognized as a top workplace, receiving awards as Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2011 and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2011.
Located in the heart of Toronto’s entertainment district, we are a film lover’s paradise, with five in-house cinemas, a private screening room, the Film Reference Library, and our Learning Studios. Our vision is to be a global leader in creative and cultural discovery and we are always in search of passionate, creative, team-oriented and talented people to join the TIFF team.
TIFF offers opportunities across a broad range of departments including: Marketing, Philanthropy & Membership, Finance, Programme & Event Services, and TIFF Bell Lightbox Programming, just to name a few…
Do you love film and want to work in one of the world’s premiere organizations dedicated to promoting discovery in the art form? If the answer is “YES!”, please explore our various career/volunteer/and internship openings.
TIFF is a unique and dynamic organization. We do not conform to the corporate norm.
- “Smart Casual” dress code: where jeans are a go and personality is a must! We encourage all our staff to be themselves and to express their own style.
- Open concept work environment: we encourage open dialogue and collaboration in a space filled with lots of natural light.
- TIFF operates 365 days a year and we build flexible work schedules for our staff to accommodate the evening/weekend programming and events taking place in the building.
- Social is TIFF’s middle name! We find any excuse to get together and have a good time. Our active Social Committee plans many events throughout the year — from pizza parties to themed holiday parties, sporting events and more!
TIFF rewards, perks and benefits are second to none.
- Regular staff ticketing privileges to year-round programming as well as the Toronto International Film Festival
- Special offers to attend premium TIFF events and programming!
- Discounts with partner organizations and cultural institutions
- Discounted corporate gym membership
- Employee Assistance Plan available to all employees and their immediate family
- Wellness programme including lunch ’n learns on nutrition, stress, and even summer yoga courses
We feel it is essential that staff connect with the programming they work so hard to plan, support, coordinate and execute. We have a number of initiatives to ensure staff is connected to TIFF’s mandate and vision.
- “Behind the Scenes” weekly newsletter outlining upcoming film releases; Professional Development opportunities; organizational updates and a “Who’s New” listing introducing new employees of TIFF
- Special Staff Only screenings — including sneak previews and Programmer-led introductions and discussions.
- Employee Surveys — we encourage feedback on the continuous improvement of our operations and activities
- Cross-functional department Committee work — here’s a sampling:
- Management Committee, whose mandate is to streamline workflow processes here at TIFF, as well as brainstorm and build staff recognition ideas
- Human Resources Committee, whose mandate is to engage a variety of people and departments on getting ideas and feedback on many Human Resources policies and practices
When you become a part of the TIFF team, after that series of high fives you’ll receive, our support in expanding and diversifying your skills also awaits you. Whether it be mastering Excel, improving your delivery of meaningful feedback or delegating with style (to name a few) — we’ve got you covered. Time to get growing!
- The HR 360º Professional Development Programme — an internally branded programme addressing several avenues and levels of skill development across Managing the Business, Managing Others, and Managing Self.
- In-house Subject Matter Experts who offer insight, concrete tools and lead workshops on topics such as Situational Management, Presentations, and even Grant Writing.
- Skilled training vendors and institutions with whom TIFF partners to offer training opportunities