Coordinator, Family & School Programmes
- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : September-22-13
- End Date : December-31-14
August 27, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is hiring for the full-time, contract position of:
Coordinator, Family & School Programmes
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premier centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Manager, School & Educator Programmes, the Coordinator, Family & School Programmes will be primarily responsible for the coordination and execution of all TIFF Learning hands-on activities for schools and families, including school workshops, drop-in programmes, holiday programmes, camps and registered workshops/classes.
Shall include but not be limited to...
• Coordinate and execute all learning related hands-on onsite activities for children and youth (school groups and public), including, but not limited to: Culture Days, Halloween, Holiday programming, March Break, TIFF Kids, Family Day, Bell Free Weekend, School Programmes and for selected gallery exhibitions and screening series
• Develop and coordinate School Programmes, Film Camps and Classes, in association with the Manager, School & Educator Programmes
• Research, book and coordinate instructors and guests, and ensure adequate resources and equipment are available, for all Bell Lightbox hands-on learning programmes
• Support Manager, School & Educator Programmes in the preparation and development of conference programming, events and professional development workshops for educators
• Prepare programme reports and evaluations, as requested
• Supervise, coach and evaluate seasonal camp staff
• Oversee and evaluate artist educators, providing coaching and feedback as needed
• Act as TIFF Learning ambassador with parents, children and general public when on-site
• Act as the main contact for all Family & School Programme volunteers, providing support and assistance as needed
• Facilitate programming, as required
• Create educator resources, as required
• Other duties as required
Contract Dates: September 22, 2013 to December 31, 2014
• Post secondary degree as related to the position
• Experience working with children and youth, required; school or classroom experience is a strong asset
• Previous supervisory experience required
• Activity based event production experience required
• Experience with film and creative arts
• Well developed writing skills
• Experience and ease with public speaking
• Natural ability to work efficiently on many projects with varying deadlines, and anticipate priorities.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills; a pleasant and polished demeanour; the ability to work well with other staff and with external clients
• Strong programming, leadership and organizational skills
• Adaptable to flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
• Energetic, enthusiastic and responsible
• Police Check and Vulnerable sector screening
• Understanding of and passion for cinema-related programming
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on Wednesday, September 5, 2013 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Coordinator, Family & School Programmes
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.