Coordinator, Adult Learning
- Position Type : Full time
- Start Date : February-18-14
January 13, 2014
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the full-time position of:
COORDINATOR, ADULT LEARNING
TIFF is dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema to film lovers in our home TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our aim is to become a creative, community and global leader, and one of the world’s premiere organizations in the discovery and understanding of film. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of our ever growing team, and be part of Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Senior Coordinator, Adult Learning, this position will be responsible for programme administration in support of educational initiatives and on-stage events for post-secondary and public audiences at TIFF Bell Lightbox.
• Coordinate administrative details for all Adult Learning programmes, including: booking and scheduling all events into TIFF’s database system; liaising with Events team; conducting research and maintaining tracking documents; collecting technical needs and presentational materials from guest speakers; filing and upkeep of Adult Learning records and statistics
• Serve as an internal liaison for administrative details related to 15-20 Higher Learning and 10-20 Adult Learning events per year
• Coordinate and serve as liaison for 15-20 Higher Learning tours (facilities and educational tours) per year
• Coordinate research for the Higher Learning Digitization Project, including preparation of filmographies, bibliographies, and glossaries; updating spreadsheets and content in preparation for the website; and programme administration
• Coordinate academic outreach (Canadian colleges and universities, student clubs/associations) and research, including: updating and adding to existing contacts from
film/media programmes and clubs at colleges and universities in Ontario; coordinating Orientation Week events at satellite educational institutions
• Compile research documents and update tracking documents for upcoming Adult Learning events, including In Conversation With… Subscription Series, and other programming undertakings, as directed
• Administration of Adult Learning budget forecasts and financial reports
General administrative duties for Adult Learning, as needed
Start Date: February 18, 2014
• 2-3 years experience providing support in arts administration, film, or education
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
• Previous experience working with cultural organizations and academic institutions
• Knowledge of film
• Exceptional research skills
• Strong oral and written skills, with a focus on phone manner and interpersonal skills
• Natural ability to work efficiently on many projects with varying deadlines, and anticipate priorities
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Exceptional computer skills and database management (including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Mature personal judgment, exhibiting a high level of professionalism and diplomacy
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on Monday, January 27 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Coordinator, Adult Learning
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world, through film. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.