Intern, Adult Learning
- Position Type : Intern
- Start Date : February-10-14
- End Date : May-02-14
January 20, 2014
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the contract intern position of:
Intern, Adult Learning
TIFF is dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema to film lovers in our home TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our aim is to become a creative, community and global leader, and one of the world’s premiere organizations in the discovery and understanding of film. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of our ever growing team, and be part of Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Senior Coordinator, Adult Learning, the Adult Learning Intern will work in a fast-paced environment, assisting in research, outreach, writing and administrative duties. We are seeking applicants who have a strong interest and some experience working in arts administration and educational outreach to post-secondary communities and adult audiences. The position is an opportunity for a person interested in film and education to gain further knowledge about these fields and to put into practice skills that they have learned in these areas. This internship is an ideal opportunity for a junior-level arts administrator and/or recent graduate of an applicable degree or diploma programme.
Shall include but not be limited to…
• Provide support to Senior Coordinator, Adult Learning, and Senior Manager, Adult Learning, in administrative duties, including: booking, scheduling, minute taking, faxing, mailing, filing; updating Adult Learning databases, creating excel spreadsheets for speakers, potential lecturers, film prints and DVDs
• Compile research documents for upcoming Adult Learning events, potential guests, and other programming undertakings, as directed
• Assist with research for Subscription Series programming
• Assist with academic outreach (Canadian colleges and universities, student clubs/associations) and research in support of Higher Learning
• Assist with research for the Higher Learning Digitization Project, including preparation of filmographies, bibliographies, and updating spreadsheets and content in preparation for the website; and programme administration
• Attend weekly Adult Learning meetings
• General administrative duties for Adult Learning, as needed
Contract dates: February 10 – May 2
• 1-2 years experience in film, education, arts administration and/or Public Programming is an asset
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Exceptional eye for detail and an ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Previous research and writing experience
• Ability to meet tight deadlines
• Ability to work individually and as a team
• Minimum of one year experience working in an office environment in an arts administrative role or educational programming role
• Effective computer skills and strong experience using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and databases
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on January 27, 2014 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Intern, Adult Learning
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.