- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : October-23-12
- End Date : January-20-13
September 26, 2012
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the part-time contract position of:
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Cinema Manager, Gallery Attendants will provide front line service to gallery patrons as the primary point of contact for information about Gallery exhibitions and programs and monitor exhibitions that often involve complex technical requirements.
• Provide front line service and greet patrons as they enter the Gallery
• Provide patrons with information concerning present and upcoming exhibitions
• Supervise visitors while viewing exhibitions
• Ensure all visitors have exited the Gallery upon closing
• Open and close exhibitions, ensuring all components are turned on and off, and monitor all technical aspects of exhibitions
• Examine the exhibitions on a daily basis and report on condition of artworks/artifacts and identify need for technical repair or maintenance
• Ensure all exhibition elements are in proper working order and all exhibition areas are effectively maintained
• Maintain proper room capacity in coordination with front of house staff
Contract Dates: October 23rd, 2012 – January 20, 2013
• General knowledge of contemporary art, the history of cinema and the moving image
• General knowledge of technical requirements for a wide range of exhibition formats an asset
• Proven experience in the care of fine art objects an asset
• Proven ability to work effectively under pressure
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent communicator with an ability to deliver information in a clear and concise manner
• Organized and attentive to detail
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on October 8th BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Hiring Committee: Gallery Attendant
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.