- Position Type : Year Round
- Start Date : October-17-12
September 26, 2012
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the casual part-time position of:
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Usher/Concessions Attendants prepare and serve Popcorn and other concession items including hot and cold drinks, candies and baked goods. Usher/Concession Attendants also provide direction to visitors, maintain the cleanliness of the theatres and lobby areas and present a professional image of TIFF. Usher/Concession Attendants report to the Cinema Manager.
• Represent TIFF Bell Lightbox to visitors.
• Ensure that all visitors present a ticket before entering ticket events or areas. Collect and process ticket stubs.
• Prepare and serve a variety of concession items.
• Accurately process cash, credit and debit transactions.
• Prepare accurate deposit and inventory reports.
• Provide an excellent and personal Customer Service Experience to all visitors to TIFF Bell Lightbox.
• Maintain cleanliness of concession and lobby areas.
• Reliably arrive prepared and on time for scheduled shifts.
• Maintain knowledge of TIFF Bell Lightbox programming and events.
• Provide complete Customer Service resolving any complaints or escalating to a manager.
• Perform a variety of specialized assigned tasks including Cinema Usher, Coat Check, Information Usher, Concession Cash, Runner and Mobile Concessions Stand.
• Provide support to third party events and partner festivals as required.
• Complete assigned tasks effectively and promptly.
Start Date: October 17th, 2012
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends.
• Excellent customer service and communications skills.
• Cash Handling and Food Service Experience.
• Film knowledge an asset.
• Due to the nature of some of the programming at TIFF Bell Lightbox all applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on October 8th BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Usher/Concessions Attendant
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.