Assistant Manager, Phone Room & Box Office
- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : October-22-12
October 5, 2012
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is hiring for the contract position of:
Assistant Manager, Phone Room and Box Office
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we continue to present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
The Assistant Manager, Phone Room will manage the day to day operations in the phone room throughout the year. They will inform and uphold the box office policies of the CRET Department and of the organization while promoting high standards of customer service for all of our patrons.
• Provide direct coaching, training and management to support the call centre team
• Handle escalating customer calls
• Uphold box office ticketing policies and ensuring they are employed in alignment with organizational standards
• Answer customer inquiries and comments over email
• Ensure accurate data collection
• Report details of inquiries, comments and complaints to the Manager
Start Date: Week of October 22, 2012
• Advanced computer skills, including Word, Excel, internet navigation and experience with a ticketing system
• 3 or more years experience working in customer service and 2 or more years in a box office supervisory or managerial role
• Must be comfortable in a leadership role
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good critical thinking skills
• Openness to learn and work in a team environment with a positive attitude
• Ability to work calmly under pressure
• Adaptable to a flexing working scheduling, including early mornings, late evenings weekends and holidays
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on October 12th BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Assistant Manager, Phone Room and Box Office
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.