Customer Relations Supervisor, Phone Room & Box Office
- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : October-22-12
October 5, 2012
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is hiring for the contract position of:
Customer Relations Supervisor (Phone Room and Box Office)
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we continue to present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
The Customer Relations Supervisor is primarily responsible for answering incoming calls in the phone room and providing excellent customer service. This position reports to Assistant Manager, Ticketing Service
• Provide friendly, knowledgeable customer service on the telephone or in person by giving information regarding all of TIFFs products and services in a timely and professional manner
• Handle large volume of sales on a regular basis
• Process and manage credit card transactions with confidence
• Communicate effectively with all staff, volunteers, and customers
• Operate computerized ticketing systems and ensure all account data is captured accurately
• Adhere to all Box Office policies and procedures
• Supervise and support Ticket Agents and ensure all performance goals are achieved
• Trouble-shoot equipment and hardware
Start Date: Week of October 22
• Minimum three years ticketing or customer relations experience
• Bilingualism (French and English) is an asset
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Previous Customer Service experience is required
• Must be able to handle peak periods of telephone sales
• Enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated
• Openness to learn and work in a team environment
• Ability to problem solve, ‘think on your feet’ and possess conflict resolution skills
• Able to remain calm and professional while under pressure in a fast paced and changing environment
• Experience handling credit cards sales
• Experience with a ticketing system is an asset
• Knowledgeable about TIFF
• Driven by team success, while understanding individual accountability
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on October 12 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Customer Relations Supervisor (Phone Room and Box Office)
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.