Senior Manager, Communications
- Position Type : Contract
- Department : Communications
- Start Date : February-04-13
- End Date : March-07-14
December 7, 2012
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization,
is accepting applications for the contract position of:
SENIOR COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in
Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the VP of Communications and Content Management, the Sr. Communications Manager will oversee and coordinate all communications efforts related to TIFF’s year-round programming, and will manage a small team of publicity professionals.
• Oversee and coordinate all communications efforts, including planning and execution, related to TIFF’s year-round programming
• Manage a small team of publicity professionals
• Cultivate media and publicist relationships at the local, national and international level
• Support a number of key communications activities including but not limited to: communications plans, press releases, media events/press conferences and red carpets
• Create and maintain profile for all programming initiatives in TIFF Bell Lightbox, working closely with the Programming team
• Prepare accurate, thorough, and timely publicity reports and post-mortem reports for internal and external audiences (including board reports)
• Support the VP of Communications and Content Management on internal communications projects as required
• Work closely with Marketing Department to ensure consistency and adherence to corporate and brand identities
• Project manage clearly identified initiatives linked to organizational communications, both internally and externally
• Under the direction of the VP, provide communications advice and support to business units and programming departments as needed to further the organization’s communications objectives and business goals.
Contract Dates: February 4, 2013 to March 2014 (maternity leave)
• A post secondary degree in communications or film and 5-7 years of media relations experience, ideally in the arts sector.
• A minimum of 4-5 years of supervisory, mentoring and/or coaching experience required
• Fluency in other languages an asset
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Strong writing skills.
* The successful candidate must be adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends.
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on December 28, 2012 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Sr. Communications Manager
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.