Editor, Content Management
- Position Type : Full time
- Start Date : January-21-13
December 12, 2012
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is hiring for the full-time position of:
Editor, Content Management
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our home and the world's premier centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Senior Multimedia Producer, the Editor will help promote and support TIFF’s programming and overall creative vision through the creation of multimedia content. He/She will be responsible for editing content that is captured and prepping this material for presentations, web and in cinema, as well as co-ordinating and shooting Interviews and various In-Cinema events, for various Video projects.
• Handle audio/video editing of trailers, sizzle reels, promos, clip reels and other media related to/for TIFF events and programming.
• Work closely with the Senior Videography Coordinator throughout all stages of production and post-production.
• Help shoot and coordinate multimedia support for events on a regular basis.
• Help transcode, upload to and manage TIFF’s YouTube channel.
• Lead crews of interns and freelancers when needed; providing training, coaching and feedback to ensure that projects are completed to high standards and in a timely fashion.
Start Date: JANUARY 2013
• Degree or diploma with a focus in Television Broadcasting, Video Production, or equivalent combination of training and work experience.
• Strong videography and editing experience using industry standard audio and video software editing suites (i.e. Final Cut Pro, Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe After Effects) and the Panasonic P2 workflow.
• Savvy visual storyteller with experienced, professional creative techniques and tactics.
• Strong knowledge of audio/video production techniques and standards, shot composition, and interview lighting.
• Experience working in live studio broadcast and/or multicamera settings an asset.
• Strong familiarity with web-based tools and social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube)
• Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel and Word).
• Natural ability to work efficiently on many projects with varying deadlines, and manage and anticipate changing priorities.
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule that will include evenings and weekends
Please submit cover letter, resumé (including a link to a demo), salary expectations and the names and contact information for 3 references by 5pm on DEC. 31, 2012 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Editor, Content Management
**NOTE: PLEASE INCLUDE A LINK TO A DEMO REEL IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION**
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world through film. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.