Assistant, Programme & Event Services
- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : February-04-13
- End Date : December-27-13
January 7, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization is accepting applications for the contract position of:
ASSISTANT, PROGRAMME AND EVENT SERVICES
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Coordinator, Programme and Event Services, the Assistant will be responsible for providing all aspects of administrative support related to TIFF Bell Lightbox programming tasks.
Shall include, but not be limited to:
• Generating, submitting, and tracking OFRB classification requests for year round and Festival programming; managing the OFRB account.
• Assisting with data entry for year-round programming.
• Assisting with the weekly schedule.
• Maintaining data integrity as related to internal programming; disseminating incorrect and missing data.
• Managing TIFF Bell Lightbox listings; sending out the weekly listings to relevant external parties, proofing print and online listings.
• Weekly update of TIFF Bell Lightbox showtimes on tiff.net.
• Updating tiff.net with changes to copy, ratings, film information, and customer service messaging.
• Assisting with the execution of Private Screenings during Festival.
• Assisting the Programme and Event Services department with note taking and other projects as requested.
Contract Dates: Monday February 4, 2013 to Tuesday December 31, 2013
• Strong organizational skills and a keen eye for detail;
• Mature personal judgment, exhibiting a high level of professionalism and diplomacy;
• Able to handle difficult situations and people with aplomb and grace;
• Proficiency with computers and applications; Artifax knowledge preferred, but not required
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
• Desire and ability to take initiative and coordinate projects;
• Ability to work and respond well in fast-paced and high pressure environments with a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends;
• Ability to take direction and apply to daily tasks.
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on Monday January 14th BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Assistant, Programme & Event Services
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.