Director, Patron Services
- Position Type : Full time
- Start Date : March-18-13
Wednesday January 9, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the full-time position of:
Director, Patron Services
Reporting to the Vice-President, Operations & Production, the Director, Patron Services will be responsible for the overall management of our front line operations including ticketing, retail, concessions, front-of-house and information services. The Director, Patron Services will exhibit strong leadership and vision in the development and implementation of effective procedures, systems, and strategies to ensure a welcoming front of house environment, providing consistently unique and superior ticketing and audience services, and maximizing profitability in the areas of retail and concessions.
This position oversees 3 direct reports and departments that grow significantly in staffing for ramp-up and during the Festival.
• Oversee the Ticketing, Front of House, Retail and Concessions Operating and CapEx budgets
• Continue to develop and execute a diverse, high-quality Visitor Experience Plan, including a strong staffing programme for recruitment, training, managing and scheduling
• With the Retail & Concessions Managers, develop and execute a multi-year Retail and Concessions Plan to maximize profitability in both operations
• With Retail & Concessions Managers, collaborate with Programming and Marketing departments to promote the TIFF brand, and develop marketing initiatives to drive audience procurement & retention as well as retail & concession sales
• Oversee vendor procurement, management, and financial reconciliation for all related suppliers and service providers
• With Senior Manager- Cinemas, develop and manage Front-of-House operations (including cinemas, coat check, gallery, and other patron services); assume leadership role in emergency situations.
• Lead the Ticketing & Customer Services team in providing full box office services (including operation of an in-house ticketing system, passes/packages/membership processing, partner festival box office management, and other box office services).
• With Senior Manager, Ticketing & Customer Services, deliver on a Visitor Experience Plan that promotes ticket sales and exceptional patron servicing including providing prompt and accurate information as well as diplomatic and timely resolutions to patron issues
• Hire, train, schedule and manage all key Patron Services staff
Start Date: March 2013
• At least eight (8) years previous experience successfully managing a similar operation;
• Experience in ticketing, front-of house management, audience services, retail and concessions business
• Exceptional project management skills
• Well developed verbal and written communication skills
• Dynamic and outgoing personality with sound judgment and discretion
• Professional manner and “can-do” attitude, with the ability to think on your feet and adapt quickly to change
• Exceptional people and performance management skills
• Excellent attention to detail, budgets, timelines, and objectives
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment as well as the ability to take and give direction effectively
• Understanding and commitment to superior client servicing
• Well developed administrative, analytical, computer, sales, and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage concurrent duties
• Membership to relevant service organizations such as BOMI, ICSA , OPTA an asset
• Ability to develop strong relationships to achieve organizational goals and standards
• First Aid training and CPR an asset
• Secondary education in hospitality and/or events considered an asset
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on February 15, 2013 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Director, Patron Services
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.