Senior Manager, Cinemas
- Position Type : Full time
- Start Date : February-18-13
January 9, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for, the full-time position of:
Senior Manager, Cinemas
Reporting to the Director, Patron Services, the Senior Manager, Cinemas is responsible for the Front-of-House operations for TIFF Bell Lightbox and the annual Toronto International Film Festival. This position includes concession management, cinema management and festival venue logistics coordination. This role oversees 1 direct report, 20+ indirect reports (year-round), and 100+ indirect reports during Festival.
This position is an integral part of the TIFF Patron Services management team.
• Establish and execute the highest services standards, policies and procedures for the cinema management area as they relate to the TIFF Visitor Experience Strategy
• Coordinate non-technical frontline production logistic details for festivals including procuring private security and paid duty services, executing street closures, liaising with festival venues front-of-house management
• Managing the Front-of-House and Concessions operating budgets
• Hire, train, supervise and support full time and seasonal cinema and festival staff
• Liaise with other TIFF departments, including Programming, Volunteers and Ticketing, to provide exceptional internal and external customer service
• In conjunction with the Cinema Manager, carry out regular Manager on Duty shifts at events, programmes and activities in TIFF Bell Lightbox and for the annual Festival
• Implement security and safety policies and procedures for TIFF Bell Lightbox and the annual Festival as they relate to venue operation, anti-piracy measures, talent management; activate approved TIFF Emergency Chain of Communication polices and procedures
• Represent Cinema Management interests at relevant meetings
• Maintain accurate cinema management operating manuals, files and archival materials
• Other duties as required
Start Date: February 2013
• Post secondary education and at least five (5) years previous experience successfully managing a similar operation; event management experience an asset
• Experience in front-of house management, audience services, and concessions business;
• Exceptional project management skills
• Well developed verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional people and performance management skills
• Dynamic and outgoing personality with sound judgment and discretion
• Professional manner and “can-do” attitude, with the ability to think on your feet and adapt quickly to change
• Excellent attention to detail, budgets, timelines, and objectives
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment as well as the ability to take and give direction effectively
• Understanding and commitment to superior client servicing
• Well developed administrative, computer, analytical, sales, and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage concurrent duties
• First Aid training and CPR an asset
• Ability to develop strong relationships to achieve organizational goals and standards
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on January 31, 2013 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Senior Manager, Cinemas
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.