Account Manager, Sponsorship
- Position Type : Full time
- Department : Sponsorship
- Start Date : March-04-13
January 25, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, has an opening for the full-time position of:
ACCOUNT MANAGER, SPONSORSHIP.
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
The Sponsorship Team is responsible for developing and growing corporate partnerships to generate revenue opportunities for TIFF, including TIFF Bell Lightbox and Toronto International Film Festival. This position, reporting to Senior Manager, Sponsorship, is one of ten account holder positions and is responsible for maintaining and growing a specified portfolio of sponsors, and cultivating new sponsors for TIFF.
• Research market to identify prospects for all relevant sponsorship activities
• Be the category champion for minimum of 2 industries with the aim of prospecting/selling new sponsorship programs
• Work with relevant TIFF teams to develop custom proposals and accommodate custom opportunities
• Lead cultivation, presentations, negotiations and development of agreements/contracts with sponsors
• Provide strategic leadership for a portfolio of intermediate level accounts, ensuring that the business objectives of both TIFF and corporate sponsors are achieved
• Oversee the execution of sponsor benefits and activation programmes
• Work with support teams to ensure deliverables are met against agreements
• Build positive relationships with key contacts with all corporate sponsors
• Track, report and contribute to expense/revenue budget management
• Ensure confidentiality of all corporate sponsorship contracts and agreements
• Manage sampling schedule for all sponsors during the Festival
• Assist with departmental fulfillment tasks
Start Date: March 4th, 2013
• Minimum 3 years of sponsorship or relevant partnership sales experience
• Related post-secondary education
• Demonstrated track record of identifying, cultivating, soliciting and servicing clients
• Experience working with or for a not-for-profit organization is an asset
• Self-motivated; works independently and collaboratively as part of a team
• Problem solver
• Fine-tuned negotiating skills and ability to diplomatically work with multiple stakeholders
• Strong relationship building and management skills
• Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
• Persuasive; strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Adaptable to a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on February 1st BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of: Hiring Committee: Account Manager, Sponsorship
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.