Administrative Assistant - Patron Services
- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : March-04-13
- End Date : December-27-13
February 11, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the contract position of:
Administrative Assistant, Patron Services
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Ticketing and Customer Service, this position will provide administrative support to the CRET ( Customer Relations and Event Ticketing ) department and the office of the VP, Production and Visitor Experience.
Office Administration - CRET
• Meeting coordination, calendar management and administrative duties to support VP, Production and Visitor Experience
• Calendar Management; including managing the CRET Critical Path and deadline notification
• Meeting coordination for CRET; including maintenance and distribution of agendas, note taking and dissemination of minutes, and coordination of meeting times and locations (Ticketing Meeting and CRET weekly meeting)
• Point person for all CRET interactions with Finance (excluding partner festivals)
• Work with managers in CRET and Patron Services on supplies acquisition; liaise with external vendors on quotes, invoices, and follow through with Finance
• Prepare purchase orders and maintain record of transactions and invoicing; including tracking budgets/ maintaining General Ledger Budget for CRET and Patron Services
• Assisting with the Budget process for both CRET and Patron Services departments; producing reports as requested by the VP, Production and Visitor Experience
• Provide support as requested to the Manager, Festival Ticketing; including but not limited to creating a venue phone list and assigning cell phone numbers, creating a shared document of festival staff Titan accounts and user settings, building pre-festival staff schedules into ADP EzLabour, submission of payroll for festival staff
• Assisting with festival job fair for CRET – booking interviews, and writing contracts
• Pre-festival work beginning mid June – 3rd week of September
Festival Cash Office Management
• Work with Manager, Festivals to oversee set-up and strike of festival box offices and cash office
• Ensure that TIFF protocol is followed at the cash office
• Float management for remote festival box offices and venues; including pre-festival request and pick-up, maintenance, reconciliation, and return
• Supervise cash handling and day-to-day cash counting of box office and venue sales; including
o Preparation of deposit reports required by Finance
o Dating and reconciling gift certificates used as payment
o Filing/grouping all receipts and vouchers and storing with Finance
• Maintain and manage petty cash for CRET and box office and replenishment
• Change replenishment for Safe and venues during festival
Human Resources Point Person for CRET Festival Staff
• Build schedules into ADP EzLabour (box office, phones, plus all festival box offices, venues, and teams)
• Submission of payroll for all CRET areas
• Point of contact for all CRET staff on payroll issues
• Liaise with Human Resources on resolving back pays, pay adjustments, etc.
• Liaise with Volunteer Department as needed, providing direction and support in effectively delegating tasks to volunteers where appropriate
Start Date: March 4 – December 27, 2013
• January – mid June 20 hours a week
• mid June - mid September 40 hours a week
• mid September – December 20 hours a week
• You will bring a solution-oriented customer relations perspective for patrons and help to cultivate an environment that values accountability, quality of work, professionalism, communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
• Enthusiastic, ambitious, and outgoing with an openness to learn and work in a team environment with a positive attitude
• Excellent organization and customer service skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Dependability and reliability
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Good critical thinking skills
• Adaptable to a flexible working schedule, including some early mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays
• Ability to work calmly under pressure and meet deadlines
• Problem-solving capabilities a must
• Advanced computer skills, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Google Docs
• Minimum 2 years experience in office administration in administrative assistant role
• Previous banking and safe/float management
• Previous experience managing purchase order requests and tracking invoicing
• Previous staff management/teaching/training experience
• Experience with TyTix, Titan, or other ticketing system considered an asset
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on Friday February 22 - BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Administrative Assistant, Patron Services
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.