- Position Type : Contract
- Department : Communications
- Start Date : May-20-13
- End Date : October-11-13
March 13, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the contract position of:
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premier centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Senior Communications Manager, the Accreditation Coordinator manages the media and publicist accreditation process for the Toronto International Film Festival. This position works closely with the Senior Communications Manager to accredit approximately 1,200 Canadian and international journalists.
• Manages the accreditation of Canadian and international media for the Festival, including all administration aspects, and responding to journalists’ requests
• Manages the accreditation of external publicists for the Festival
• Closely monitors and reports on status of accreditations
• Researches, evaluates, and makes recommendations for new accreditations
• Liaises with the pass office to ensure timely delivery of all media and publicists’ passes
• Works with and oversees the work of the Accreditation Assistant
• Prepares accurate, thorough, and timely reports.
Contract Dates: May 20, 2013 to October 11, 2013
• Previous media accreditation experience, ideally 2-3 years
• Post-secondary degree or diploma in communications, journalism or related field and at least 3 years media relations experience
• Exemplary organizational skills with strong attention to detail. Superior analytical and reasoning skills
• Additional language(s) a strong asset
• Strong computer software skills: experience building database queries and Excel reports
• Superior communications skills, tact and diplomacy
• Established relationships with local, national and international entertainment media outlets and journalists
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends.
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on March 27 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: ACCREDITATION COORDINATOR
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.