Customer Relations Supervisor
- Position Type : Year Round
- Start Date : April-02-13
March 15, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is hiring for the contract position of:
Customer Relations Supervisor (Call Centre and Box Office)
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we continue to present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
The Customer Relations Supervisor is primarily responsible for answering incoming calls in the Call Centre and providing excellent customer service. In the Box Office the Supervisor is primarily responsible for supervising and training staff and ensuring all shift duties are completed. This position reports to the Manager of the Box Office and the Manager of the Call Centre.
• Providing friendly, knowledgeable customer service on the telephone or in person by giving information regarding all of TIFFs products and services in a timely and professional manner
• Handling large volume of sales on a regular basis
• Processing and managing cash, debit and credit card transactions with confidence
• Communicating effectively with all staff, volunteers, and customers
• Operating computerized ticketing systems and ensure all account data is captured accurately
• Maintaining discretion regarding confidentiality of all account information, as p
• Adhering to and upholding all Ticketing policies and procedures in both the Box Office and Call Centre
• Supervising and supporting Ticket Agents to ensure all performance goals are achieved
• Trouble-shooting equipment and hardware
• Filling out end of shift reports, entering nightly sales into Box Office Sales Report interface (Rentrack)
• Maintenance and upkeep of the box office, will call folder, staff binders, call centre space and working desks
• Assisting Ticket Agents with cashing in and cash out processes – ensuring their sales are balanced, troubleshooting when discrepancies occur, holding agents accountable when necessary
• Documenting any issues, concerns, feedback from customers and staff that occurred over their shift. Maintaining open communication with management team.
• Opening and closing the Box Office
• Working closely with Front of House team – being able to communicate key information quickly and efficiently
• Training agents and updating them on new information and processes.
Start Date: Week of April 1, 2013
• Minimum three years ticketing or customer relations experience
• Experience with a ticketing system is an asset; Knowledge of Titan and Tytix ticketing systems is preferred
• Bilingualism (French and English) is an asset
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Previous Customer Service experience is required
• Previous cash handling experience is required
• Must be able to handle peak periods of telephone and walk up sales
• Enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated
• Openness to learn and work in a team environment
• Ability to problem solve, ‘think on your feet’ and possess conflict resolution skills
• Ability to remain calm and professional while under pressure in a fast paced and changing environment
• Experience handling credit cards and debit sales
• Knowledgeable about TIFF
• Driven by team success, while understanding individual accountability
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on March 25 2013 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Customer Relations Supervisor
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.