Communications Manager, Festival
- Position Type : Contract
- Department : Communications
- Start Date : June-24-13
- End Date : September-27-13
April 5, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is hiring for the contract position of:
COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER, FESTIVAL
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premier centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Senior Communications Manager, the Communications Manager will be responsible for media relations related to Toronto International Film Festival events.
• Organizes and oversees press events related to the Festival
• In conjunction with the Senior Manager, liaises with studios, distributors and external publicists
• Effectively manages current relationships with media and external stakeholders
• Maintains and develops new relationships with members of the media
• Writes and edits external and internal documents, as required
• Liaises with programmers on all activities as required
• Works as a team with the rest of the Communications department
Contract Dates: June 24 to September 27, 2013
• Post-secondary degree or diploma in communications, journalism or related field
• 4-5 years publicity experience
• Superior communications skills, both written and oral
• Established relationships with local, national and international entertainment media outlets and journalists
• High level of professionalism and diplomacy
• Ability to handle high pressure situations with aplomb and grace
• Proven track record in dealing with high-profile talent
• Experience managing media events
• Excellent attention to detail
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on April 19, 2013 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Communications Manager, Festival
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.