Member Services Intern
- Position Type : Intern
- Start Date : June-03-13
- End Date : September-20-13
April 17, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting is applications for the contract position of:
Member Services Intern
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Manager, Membership, the Member Services Intern will be responsible for assisting with membership sales, correspondence and customer service leading up to and during the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival. This full-time internship is a great opportunity for a student or a recent graduate of a fundraising certificate programme to gain further knowledge in the field and put into practice skills that they have learned.
• Respond to member inquiries by phone, email and in-person (as needed)
• Prepare and assemble member solicitations and stewardship materials
• Provide administrative support for membership initiatives, including public outreach
• Assist with data management and stewardship for members
• Assume additional responsibilities as assigned and actively participate as a member of the Philanthropy & Membership team
Contract Dates: June 3, 2013 – September 30, 2013
• Well developed verbal and written communication skills
• Dynamic and outgoing personality with sound judgment and discretion
• Professional manner and “can-do” attitude, with the ability to think on your feet and adapt quickly to change
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to both work independently and in a team environment as well as the ability to take direction effectively
• Understanding and commitment to superior client servicing
• Well developed administrative and organizational skills
• Adaptable to flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
• Strong technical skills, including experience with online resources, word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on May 3, 2013 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Member Services Intern
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.