Print Traffic Assistant
- Position Type : Full time
- Department : Print Traffic
- Start Date : May-20-13
April 17, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the full-time position of:
Print Traffic Assistant
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Manager, Print Traffic, the Print Traffic Assistant will be responsible for organizing the movement of film and film related materials to service the needs of programming and support departments, to integrate with their activities and to communicate with them and with suppliers on a timely basis.
Shall include but not be limited to:
• Inbound and outbound shipping and receiving of film and film related materials on a pro-active, traceable, on-time basis.
• Monitoring of bookings of Festival and TIFF Bell Lightbox.
• Maintain productive and effective relationships with distributors, suppliers, and couriers.
• Assist in print traffic for all TIFF events where needed.
• Responsible for managing the flow of outbound for TIFF Bell Lightbox including Artifax entry.
• Organize the print moves for films during Festival, considering schedules and venue capacities while managing and coordinating drivers
• Administrative Support.
• Other projects as delegated and agreed.
Start Date: May 2013
• Knowledge of film and video formats.
• Dynamic and outgoing personality with sound judgment and discretion.
• Professional manner and ability to work and respond well in fast-paced and high pressure environments.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Microsoft Excel.
• Experience using relational databases (Artifax experience is an asset, but is not required).
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on May 1, 2013 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Print Traffic Assistant
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.