Intern, Adult Learning
- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : June-10-13
- End Date : August-30-13
May 6, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the (PAID FULL-TIME) position of:
Intern, Adult Learning
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Senior Coordinator, Adult Learning, the Adult Learning Intern will work in a fast-paced environment, assisting in research, writing and administrative duties. We are seeking applicants who have a strong interest and some experience working in arts administration and educational outreach to post-secondary communities. The position is an opportunity for a person interested in film and education to gain further knowledge about these fields and to put into practice skills that they have learned in these areas. This internship is an ideal opportunity for a junior-level arts administrator and/or recent graduate of an applicable degree or diploma programme.
Shall include but not be limited to…
• Provide support to Senior Coordinator, Adult Learning, and Senior Manager, Adult Learning, in administrative duties, including: booking, scheduling, minute taking, faxing, mailing, filing; updating Adult Learning databases, creating excel spreadsheets for speakers, potential lecturers, film prints and DVDs
• Assist with academic outreach (Canadian colleges and universities, student clubs/associations) and research
o Update and add to existing contacts from film/media programmes and clubs at colleges and universities in Ontario
o Draft and send out correspondence
• Assist with research for the Higher Learning Digitization Project, including preparation of filmographies, bibliographies, and glossaries; updating spreadsheets and content in preparation for the website; and programme administration
• Attend weekly Adult Learning meetings
• General administrative duties for Adult Learning, as needed
Contract dates: (June 10 – August 30, 2013)
• 1-2 years experience in film, education, arts administration and/or Public Programming is an asset
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Exceptional eye for detail and an ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Previous research and writing experience
• Ability to meet tight deadlines
• Ability to work individually and as a team
• Minimum of one year experience working in an office environment in an arts administrative role or educational programming role
• Effective computer skills and strong experience using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and databases.
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on (May 15, 2013) BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Intern, Adult Learning
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.