- Position Type : Contract
- Reporting To : Unknown
- Start Date : July-15-13
- End Date : September-27-13
May 6, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the seasonal contract position of:
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we continue to present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
The Sponsorship Team is responsible for developing and growing corporate partnerships to generate revenue opportunities for TIFF, including TIFF Bell Lightbox and Toronto International Film Festival. This position, reporting to Senior Manager, Sponsorship, will be responsible for providing overall administrative support to the Sponsorship team including the coordination of Thank-You Kit content and reserved seating needs for Festival sponsors.
This position is suited for an individual with some knowledge and a desire to learn more about sponsorship, festival planning and sponsor activations/logistics.
We are looking for candidates who possess a strong customer service orientation, attention to detail and a willingness to learn quickly and be part of a busy team.
• Coordinate the collection of content to be used in the Sponsor Thank-You Kit following the Festival, including promotional material, sponsor contests and campaigns
• Assist the coordination of the department photographer to capture requested images of sponsor activations during the Festival
• Support the organization of the venues with sponsor reserved seating by creating seating charts and reserved seating signs and coordinate seat cover distribution
• Assist with reserved seating preparation and on-site execution at a select premiere Festival venue
• Participating in site tours to ensure sponsor presence at Festival venues
• Providing administrative support for the Sponsorship team, as required
• Assisting the Sponsorship team with various tasks, as requested
• Working some evening and weekend hours, particularly during the Festival (September 5-15, 2013)
• In all matters relating to sponsorship, the Sponsorship Assistant will ensure that all information is handled in an ethical and confidential manner.
Contract Dates: July 15, 2013 – September 27, 2013
• Post secondary degree (focus on business or arts administration preferred) OR equivalent work experience.
• Extraordinary attention to detail.
• Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Strong computer skills (Windows, Microsoft Office Suite)
• Strong interpersonal skills and a pleasant demeanor.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a polished manner.
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references by 5pm on May 13, 2013 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Sponsorship Assistant
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.