Coordinator, Reel Comfort Programme
- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : May-27-13
- End Date : December-27-13
May 6, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the contract, part-time position of:
COORDINATOR, REEL COMFORT PROGRAMME
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Family & Youth Programmes, the Coordinator, Reel Comfort Programme, will oversee this unique TIFF community programme that reaches out to adult patients in the Mental Health/Psychiatric Units at Toronto General Hospital and St. Michael’s Hospital. Reel Comfort provides engagement, entertainment and education to patients through film presentations, special guest visits, discussions, and film craft workshops.
• Coordinate and attend bi-weekly Reel Comfort workshops and screenings across 2 locations
• Maintain Reel Comfort film libraries and guest rosters, researching new films and guests on an ongoing basis
• Develop and plan film-craft workshops, in conjunction with artists and filmmakers
• Coordinate and book guests, equipment rentals (where necessary) for all Reel Comfort activities
• Facilitate discussion and patient interaction at Reel Comfort events
• Maintain relationships with on-site hospital staff, and collect regular feedback on programme operations
• Promote and create awareness of Reel Comfort
• Prepare programme reports as requested
Contract Dates: May 27, 2013 – December 27, 2013
The Coordinator will be expected to work 15 hours per month, with 8-10 hours scheduled at set times within hospital locations. Remaining hours will be flexible to the Coordinator’s discretion, while adhering to programming and planning deadlines.
• Enrolled in or completed a post secondary degree as related to the position
• Experience working in a health care setting and/or knowledge and sensitivity to the field of mental health
• Project planning and event production experience required
• Understanding of, and passion for, cinema-related programming
• Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
• Experience and ease with public speaking
• Exceptional interpersonal skills; a pleasant and polished demeanour; the ability to work well with other staff and with external clients
• Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented.
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on Monday, May 13 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: COORDINATOR, REEL COMFORT PROGRAMME
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.