Assistant, Government & Foundation Relations
- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : June-10-13
- End Date : October-25-13
May 6, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the contract position of:
ASSISTANT, GOVERNMENT & FOUNDATION RELATIONS
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Senior Coordinator, Government & Foundation Relations, the Assistant will provide administrative, client service and fundraising support to the Government & Foundation Relations (GFR) Department during the 38th annual Toronto International Film Festival season. The GFR Department builds and manages strong working relationships and partnerships with municipal, provincial and federal governments, international diplomatic missions, and philanthropic foundations.
The Assistant will be an important part of our enthusiastic, results-oriented team, providing exceptional stewardship to GFR partners during the Festival season.
• Responding to phone calls and emails from government and foundation constituents, and replying to information queries about TIFF programming and Festival activities
• Coordinating ticketing needs, passes, and venue seating charts for government and foundation partners at the Toronto International Film Festival
• Supporting GFR staff in developing funding requests, reports, permitting applications, and advocacy work as needed
• Composing various pieces of TIFF correspondence
• Maintain and update database of key department contacts, ensuring accuracy throughout the Festival season
• Greet government and foundation partners at TIFF events
• Other administrative duties including photocopying, faxing, couriering, filing, or packing as needed
• Other duties as assigned
Contract Dates: June 10 to October 25, 2013 (some flexibility is available on start and end dates)
• Some knowledge or experience with TIFF, cultural sector, and/or government is an asset
• Excellent organizational skills, with superior attention to detail and experience in administration
• Exceptional computer skills and very strong experience using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Google software products and databases.
• Pleasant phone manner and comfortable dealing with external clients and partners in person and by e-mail
• Maintains a calm, professional demeanor and confidentiality while interacting with stakeholders in fast-paced situations
• Ability to use mature personal judgment to multi-task and manage conflicting priorities
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends.
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on Friday May 17 2013 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Assistant, Government & Foundation Relations.
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.