Marketing Intern (Festival)
- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : June-17-13
- End Date : September-20-13
May 8, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the contract position of:
MARKETING INTERN (FESTIVAL)
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager (Festival), the Marketing Intern will work in a fast-paced environment, assisting with promotions, advertising and collateral production for the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival. This internship is an ideal opportunity for a student or recent graduate of a marketing, or applicable degree or diploma programme.
Shall include but not limited to:
• Manage outreach to partner organizations, film festivals, & community groups to promote Festival films and programmes
• Execute email campaigns
• Support production of collateral for internal departments (brochures, signage, etc)
• Assist with event and venue branding set-up
• Assist with media execution (briefing ads, routing for sign-off, etc)
• Assist in other day-to-day marketing and administrative tasks
• Coordinate volunteer activity
• Social media support as needed
Contract Dates: June 17 – Sept 20, 2013
• Currently enrolled in, or a recent graduate of a marketing programme, or relevant
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage time effectively and meet tight deadlines
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Able to work on multiple simultaneous tasks within a fast paced environment
• Superior oral and written communication skills, excellent phone manner
• Proficiency with computer applications (Microsoft Office, Gmail and database applications preferred)
• Ability to work flexible hours as required, including some evenings and weekends
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on May 17 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: MARKETING INTERN (FESTIVAL)
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.