Summer Camp Counsellor
- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : June-24-13
- End Date : August-30-13
May 8, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is hiring for the seasonal, full-time contract position of:
SUMMER CAMP COUNSELLOR
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Coordinator, Family & School Programmes, the Summer Camp Counsellor will participate enthusiastically in all camp activities, including daily programmes, field trips, workshops & special events. Summer Camp Counsellors will oversee the care and safety of children attending, and ensure that camp is a positive experience for all.
• Supervise and ensure safety of campers
• Organize camp games and activities
• Assist TIFF Learning team, Instructors and artists in camp programming
• Acts as a positive role model for children, youth & fellow staff
• Prep materials and clean up
• Other duties as required
Contract Dates: - June 24 – August 30, 2013
• Previous experience working in a camp setting and/or with children
• Experience with film and creative arts
• Comfortable with film production equipment and software
• At least 16 years old
• First-aid and CPR certified
• Strong programming, leadership and organizational skills
• Energetic, enthusiastic and responsible
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on Friday, May 17, 2013 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: SUMMER CAMP COUNSELLOR
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.