Intern, Festival Programming
- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : June-10-13
- End Date : September-15-13
May 10, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the paid, full-time position of:
INTERN, FESTIVAL PROGRAMMING
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Manager, Festival Programming will work in a fast-paced environment, supporting the work of the Festival Programming department. This internship is an ideal opportunity for a student or recent graduate of an applicable degree or diploma programme.
Shall include but not be limited to…
• Conducting research for Festival Film Programmes, as directed;
• Compiling eligibility lists, given specific requirements;
• Assisting with proofing the Festival Schedule Board;
• Data entry of the Festival Schedule into a database;
• Sending schedule notification letters;
• Providing schedule support to senior members of the department, including booking meetings, taking phone messages and providing task lists;
• Assisting with other data entry, as required.
Contract dates: June 10 – September 15, 2013
• Currently enrolled in, or a recent graduate of a degree or diploma programme in Cinema Studies or Arts Administration;
• Strong organizational skills and a keen eye for detail;
• Enthusiasm for film and an eagerness to learn;
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
• Detail and process oriented with strong administrative and organizational skills;
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
• Flexible work schedule, some evening work and weekend work is required.
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on May 17, 2013 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Intern, Festival Programming
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.