Help Desk Assistant
- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : July-29-13
- End Date : September-20-13
June 7, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is hiring for contract position of:
HELP DESK ASSISTANT
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our new home and the world's premiere centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Manager, System Administration and Help Desk, the Help Desk Intern position is an opportunity for the successful candidate to develop her or his skills in Information Technology.
• Hardware support (PC workstations, Macintosh hardware, printers, peripherals);
• Software support (Windows XP, Windows 7, Mac, MS Office, Adobe);
• Issue Ticket Management;
• Equipment configuration and deployment (Printers, BlackBerry, VoIP Phones);
• Inventory Management.
Contract Dates: July 29 – September 20, 2013
Assistant will be expected to work five days per week during regular business hours. Some after-hours work might be required.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills of computer-related issues;
• Experience in supporting standard set of software tools (MS Office, Internet browsers, Gmail);
• Experience in hardware configuration, Norton Ghost Imaging, setup and troubleshooting;
• Experience in network equipment configuration and deployment considered an asset;
• Ability to perform repetitive tasks with high attention to details and consistent high level of performance;
• Technical writing skills considered an asset;
• Ability to meet deadlines;
• Ability to work well individually and with a team;
• Strong oral and written communications skills;
• High computer proficiency (Word and Excel experience preferred, e-mail and Internet)
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on July 5, 2013 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: HELP DESK ASSISTANT
TIFF Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.