Ticketing Assistant, Industry Office
- Position Type : Contract
- Start Date : July-22-13
- End Date : September-15-13
June 26, 2013
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the contract position of:
TICKETING ASSISTANT, INDUSTRY OFFICE
This will be an exciting year for TIFF as we present unique programming in our home and the world's premier centre for film, TIFF Bell Lightbox. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Ticketing Coordinator, Industry Office, the Ticketing Assistant will help to oversee the ticket requests from distributors and sales agents, whose films will be playing in the official Festival selection.
• Log ticket requests for Sales Agents, Producers and Distributors leading up to and during the Festival
• Assist in the collection of territory rights information for films in the official selection
• Produce annual Rights List publication
• Greet industry professionals at the Protocol Desk during the Festival
• Assist in the creation and proofing of online Industry Publications
• Help to create and distribute P/I Screening reports as requested
• Assist in the creation and dissemination of the Industry Office Survey
• Write a detailed post-mortem
Contract Dates: July 22 – September 15, 2013
• Background in business and arts administration
• Experience using online databases, Google Docs, point of sale systems and Excel
• Strong professional communication and client relationship skills
• Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask under pressure
• Familiarity working with and protecting confidential information
• Customer Service Experiance
• Box office experience is considered an asset
• Fluency in foreign languages is considered an asset
• Previous experience in and understanding of global film industry an asset
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on JULY 8, 2013 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: TICKETING ASSISTANT, INDUSTRY OFFICE
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.