Skip to schedule and film credits
Representatives from Canadian production companies such as NFB Kids, DHX, eOne Family and Shaftsbury will be available to discuss what types of content and characters they are looking to develop, and how you can better shape your pitches.
Speakers to include, Laura Clunie (VP Creative Affairs, eOne Family), and Stephanie Betts (VP Kids Development, DHX Media).
More speakers to be announced soon.
- Laura Clunie
- Laura Clunie is Vice President, Creative Affairs for eOne Family. Prior to joining eOne, Laura was a producer at the UK brand company Chorion, and worked across development and production on hit brands such as Noddy, The Famous Five and Mr. Men & Little Miss. At eOne Family, Laura works on such series as Ben and Holly's Little Kingdom and the pre-school sensation Peppa Pig, develops animated and live-action concepts, both linear and digital, for the pre-school to tween audience, and is also responsible for the acquisition and development of properties to add to the company's portfolio.
- Miklos Perlus
- Miklos Perlus is the Head of Development, Kids and Scripted, of marblemedia, where he is responsible for creating, sourcing and developing innovative multi-platform content and bringing them to fruition for television and digital media. Perlus has worked in television, both off- and onscreen, for over twenty years. His screenwriting credits include two seasons of Degrassi: The Next Generation for which he was awarded a Canadian Screenwriting Award and YTV's animated comedy, Sidekick. As an actor, he starred in various popular series such as Road to Avonlea, Student Bodies and Inside the Osmonds. He also developed and story edited Instant Star for Epitome Pictures and CTV. Perlus' most recent projects include Splatalot, which currently airs in over 120 countries around the world including on Nickelodeon in the U.S.; Skatoony, the North American version of the live-action/animated quiz show currently airing on TELETOON; Taste Buds, an original kids culinary adventure series airing on TVO; and the primetime animated series The Dating Guy for TELETOON at Night.
- Matt Hornburg
- Matt Hornburg is Co-CEO and Executive Producer of marblemedia. Now celebrating its 10th year in the business of entertaining audiences around the world, marblemedia remains focused on innovative content creation and distribution for television and digital media with a commitment to telling stories that entertain and engage audiences across all platforms. With Executive Producer credits in both the Kids, Scripted, Lifestyle and Factual arenas, Hornburg's most recent projects include the hit medieval-themed physical game show Splatalot, which currently airs in over 120 countries around the world including on Nickelodeon in the U.S.; and, the primetime adult-targeted animated scripted series The Dating Guy for Teletoon at Night. An ambassador for the Canadian film and television industry, Hornburg is an active board member for Interactive Ontario, as well as a member of the Youth Media Alliance and the Academy of Canadian Cinema. In the spirit of giving back to the industry, Bishop and his business partner Mark Bishop, together with Corus Entertainment, established the Innovative Storytellers Award-a $20,000, five-year educational initiative in conjunction with Ryerson University's Master of Arts in Media Production program.
- Stephanie Betts
- Stephanie Betts is Vice President of Kids Development, DHX Media, where she is responsible for managing, fostering and expanding the Kids Development Slate. Her expertise and focus is on building strong creatively-driven teams and series, which will appeal to domestic and international broadcasters, and-mostly importantly-kids! Prior to joining DHX Media, Betts worked at Breakthrough Films and Television for six years on award-winning series, including Atomic Betty, Miss BG, Captain Flamingo and Jimmy Two Shoes. She most recently developed and produced My Big Big Friend and Producing Parker.
- Michelle Melanson
- Michelle Melanson Cuperus is Vice-President of Production and Development for Radical Sheep Productions, and Supervising Producer on the award-winning hit Stella and Sam and the new Disney Junior production Yup Yups. With over 20 years of experience in children and youth programs, Cuperus has numerous producing credits, including World of Quest, Wayside and My Dad the Rock Star. She currently oversees development on Radical Sheep's slate of properties, including the animated comedy series The Bagel and Becky Show created by Dave Cooper for Teletoon, and Fangbone! for Disney XD Canada.
- Julie Stall
- Julie Stall has been at the forefront of producing quality children's television for the past twenty-five years. As Vice President, Production for Portfolio Entertainment, Stall has produced Portfolio's entire animation content for the past 12 years, including 65 episodes of the animated comedy series Carl Squared and 52 episodes of the award-winning animated series RoboRoach, both of which enjoy wide international distribution. She currently helms the Canadian production of the company's prestigious animated series The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That!. This preschool educational adventure series, now in its second season, airs on PBS in the US, Treehouse and CBC in Canada, CiTV in the UK, and has since been sold to over 90 additional territories worldwide. Stall also heads production of Doki, the animated series for Discovery Kids Latin America. Known for her ability to nurture each project to its individual creative potential, Stall excels at supporting strong creative with the right talent and production logistics to produce outstanding programming.
- Jay Bennett
- Jay Bennett is an award-winning creator, producer and writer of original content for the web, television, mobile devices and live events. As head of Shaftesbury's award-winning digital media division, Smokebomb Entertainment, Bennett oversees and serves as creative producer on Smokebomb's entire slate of original and digital convergent properties. His recent projects include Backpackers, an original digital comedy series for CTV in Canada and CW Digital in the U.S.; Totally Amp'd, the world's first App series for kids and tweens; the International Emmy-nominated web series Murdoch Mysteries: The Curse of the Lost Pharaos; and State of Syn, a sci-fi digital motion novel. Prior to joining Smokebomb in 2008, Bennet developed the creative for the International Emmy-nominated Collapsus: The Energy Risk for Submarine; wrote and directed M.I. High: Whack the Mole! For the BBC; and wrote and directed the Fallen: Alternate Reality Game, which was filmed on location around the world and won the first Primetime Emmy Award for Interactive Television in 2007.