Skip to schedule and film credits
A unique opportunity for Canadian filmmakers to pitch a project to Sesame Workshop, the non-profit educational organization behind Sesame Street.
After a successful launch at last year's TIFF Kids Festival, the Industry Office will facilitate once again a unique pitch opportunity for Canadian filmmakers with Sesame Workshop, the non-profit educational organization behind Sesame Street. The pitching sessions are positioned during the 2014 TIFF Kids International Film Festival, April 8 - 20.
Sesame Workshop is interested in meeting talented Canadian producers and directors. A maximum of fifteen successful applicants will have the exclusive opportunity to pitch Sesame Workshop producers for the chance to make a short film for this much-loved children’s television show. It is not essential for you to have worked previously in children's television or film in order to be eligible for the pitching programme.
Through this initiative, the selected candidates will review and prepare the formal Request for Proposal (RFP) issued by Sesame Workshop and work with a professional pitch coach who will provide feedback and guidance on the pitch during a one day training session in early April. Following this session, applicants will be able to refine their proposals and finally, to present their pitch face-to-face to Sesame Workshop producers for a 15-20 minute time slot on April 13th - 14th.
ACCESS THE APPLICATION FORM HERE
- This program is open to anyone who has directed, produced or written a minimum of one short film or contributed to a kids TV programme or online series.
- Applicants must be Canadian talent. Please note that all sessions will be held in English. Applicants should be able to speak and understand English fluently.
- Only one submission per applicant.
- Applicants must submit a link to one film project (short film, feature film; documentary, fiction or animation).
- Applications need to be submitted by the applicants themselves, not by third parties (i.e. assistants, co-workers etc.).
- IMPORTANT: Filmmakers who were selected to pitch their projects to Sesame Workshop at the 2013 TIFF Kids International Film Festival are NOT eligible to apply again this year.
- Online Applications must be submitted by 5pm E.S.T. on Friday, February 28, 2014.
If you have any questions about Sesame Workshop Pitch at the 2014 TIFF Kids International Film Festival, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.