Telefilm Canada PITCH THIS! returns to the Toronto International Film Festival for its fourteenth consecutive year!
Six teams have six minutes to pitch their feature film idea to a live audience of over 200 industry professionals. The winners, selected by a jury of international industry experts, are awarded $10,000 CAD from Telefilm Canada to further develop the project.
- Both dramatic and documentary feature ideas are eligible.
- Applicants need to be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
- At least one of the pitch team members needs to meet one (!) of the following criteria:
- Alumni of Talent Lab at the Toronto International Film Festival;
- Participant in STUDIO;
- Director or Producer of a short or feature film selected for a previous edition of the Toronto International Film Festival;
- Director or Producer of a short or feature film selected for a previous edition of Canada's Top Ten;
- Director or Producer of a short or feature film selected for a previous edition of the TIFF Kids International Film Festival or the TIFF Next Wave Film Festival.
- Application deadline is 5pm EST on Wednesday, May 29, 2013.
- ONE submission per applicant.
- Applications must be submitted in English.
NOTE: The six finalist teams will have to cover their cost of travel to Toronto for the live pitch competition.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email us.