- Jump Cuts is open to young amateur filmmakers in two categories: Grades 4–6 and Grades 7–8. All submissions must be accompanied by a completed Jump Cuts submission form, which must be signed/approved by a responsible parent or guardian.
- Submission forms (online and PDF) are available on the official TIFF Kids website (tiff.net/jumpcuts), and by email request (email@example.com).
- Entrants must be residents of Ontario.
- Individual and group or school projects will be considered, (Adult participation limited to a supervisory or actor role.)
- Films must have been completed after January 1, 2013.
- Films submitted to Jump Cuts must be original and not be copied from others. We encourage you to use original music, and not to include in your film any copyrighted film or television clips, or shots of branded products or company logos. If your film is selected as a finalist, and contains music, clips or brands that do not belong to you, TIFF Kids may require you to obtain consent to use the music, clips or brands as a condition of screening your film.
- All of the children appearing in your film must have the consent of their parent or guardian to participate and appear.
- If your film is selected as a finalist, TIFF Kids may require a responsible adult to sign a document confirming, among other things, that your film is original (or that you have obtained any consents necessary to use the work of others) and that all children appearing in the film have the consent of their parent or guardian to participate and appear.
- Films containing graphic or gratuitous violence, verbal abuse, or content that attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and sexual orientation/gender identity are not acceptable for Jump Cuts and will not be considered for competition.